Friday's Progress Notes - September 22, 2010
Mental Health Information - Vol. 14 Issue 9
Published by athealth.com - http://www.athealth.com
Subscribe to Friday's Progress Notes! The best mental health newsletter on the Internet for practitioners and it's free!
1. Treating ADHD in adolescents
2. Bipolar disorder and ADHD in children
3. Negotiating parental requests for medication
4. ADHD safe driving program
5. Electronic media, attention, and school achievement
6. Impact of culture on ADHD
7. ADHD in adults
8. Cognitive-behavioral approaches to ADHD treatment in adults
ONLINE CE! EARN CREDIT WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
For a complete course catalog, click on http://www.athealthce.com
- Attachment Issues in Foster Child
- Adolescent Girls: Development and Treatment Issues
- Ethics: Money and the Therapeutic Relationship
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychotherapy
- Ethical Issues with Fees, Billing, and Collections
- Ethics: Spiritual Issues in Clinical Practice
- Ethics: Confidentiality
- Grief: Parent Loss in Childhood and Adolescence
- Adult-Acquired Traumatic Brain Injury
- Anger Management
- Understanding Suicidal Behavior in the Military
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Bipolar: A Review of Evidence-Based Therapeutic Interventions
Millions of children have now returned to school, and for those who struggle with ADHD, achieving school success is often difficult. Today's newsletter addresses various aspects of ADHD, including ADHD in adults.
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues, who can sign-up for a free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/Newsletter/fpn_subscribe.html
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Among Adolescents: A Review of the Diagnosis, Treatment, and Clinical Implications
The article reviews psychosocial and pharmacologic interventions and discusses these patients' transition into young adulthood.
2. ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSING EJOURNAL
Bipolar Disorder and ADHD in Children: Confusion and Comorbidity
Bipolar disorder (BD) and ADHD are 2 mental health conditions with a high degree of comorbidity in children.
3. VIRTUAL MENTOR
Negotiating Parental Requests for Medication
One ethical principle at play in any clinical encounter is that of beneficence - the duty to help or to do good.
AD/HD Safe Driving Program: A Graduated License Plan
Teens who want to improve their driving skills and reduce car accidents can find help through the ADHD Safe Driving Program.
5. FUTURE OF CHILDREN
Media and Attention, Cognition, and School Achievement
This is a research review on links between various types of electronic media and the cognitive skills of school-aged children and teens.
6. MODERN MEDICINE
The Impact of Culture on ADHD
What role, if any, does ethnicity have on the response to diagnosis and treatment? (Complimentary registration is required for access.)
7. CURRENT PSYCHIATRY ONLINE
ADHD in Adults: Matching Therapies with Patients' Needs
New tools and multiple stimulant and nonstimulant medications can help clinicians screen for, assess, and treat adult ADHD. (Complimentary registration is required for access.)
8. THE PRIMARY CARE COMPANION
Cognitive-Behavioral Approaches to ADHD Treatment in Adulthood
Psychosocial interventions play an important role in treating ADHD in adulthood. (Complimentary registration is required for access.)
LIST YOUR PRACTICE OR TREATMENT CENTER IN OUR DIRECTORIES!
If you're not listed in our therapist directory or our treatment center directory, you're missing out! Many of our site visitors are looking for a therapist or a treatment center! For listing information, click on
CE CONFERENCE DIRECTORY
Find information about up-coming international, national, regional, and state meetings and workshops. Or, list your meeting!
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright © 2010 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on February 27, 2011
for ADHD Kids