Friday's Progress Notes - January 13, 2005
Mental Health Information - Vol. 9 Issue 1
Published by athealth.com - http://www.athealth.com
Subscribe to Friday's Progress Notes! The best mental health newsletter on the Internet for practitioners and it's free!
1. Diagnosis and treatment of bipolar disorder
2. Effective treatments for mania and bipolar depression
3. Use of CBT in the management of bipolar disorder
4. Bipolar disorder prevalence
5. Bipolar in children and teens
6. Bipolar FAQs
7. Boredom and the provocative behavior of children with bipolar
8. Bipolar and sleep
ONLINE CE! EARN CREDIT WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
For a complete course catalog, click on http://www.athealthce.com
- Bipolar Disorder and Alcoholism
- Depression in Adults, Adolescents, and Children
- Suicide Assessment and Intervention
- Assessing Suicide Risk in Children
- Supervision: Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychotherapy
- PTSD: Treating Adults, Adolescents, and Children
- Eating Disorders, Obesity, and Other Eating-Related Problems
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Brief CBT in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
- Alcohol Problems in Intimate Relationships
- Dream Interpretation: A Developmental Counseling and Therapy Approach
- Treating Difficult Adolescents
- Adolescent Girls: Development and Treatment Issues
- Psychotherapeutic Medications 2006: What Every Counselor Should Know
Bipolar disorder, a common and severe psychiatric disorder, causes major disruptions in a person's health and everyday life. Today's newsletter focuses on effective treatments and other issues associated with bipolar illness.
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues, who can sign-up for a free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/Newsletter/fpn_subscribe.html
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
Bipolar Affective Disorder
The authors review the diagnosis and treatment of bipolar disorder.
2. AMERICAN FAMILY PHYSICIAN
This chapter on bipolar disorder is excerpted from Clinical Evidence Concise, published by the BMJ Publishing Group.
3. PRIMARY PSYCHIATRY
In Session with Judith S. Beck, PhD: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
This article introduces cognitive-behavioral interventions for the management of bipolar disorder.
4. MERCK MANUAL
Bipolar disorders usually begin in the teens, 20s, or 30s. Lifetime prevalence is about 1%. Rates are about equal for men and women.
Bipolar Disorder in Children and Adolescents: Diagnosis and Treatment
This article reviews current literature on the diagnosis and treatment of bipolar disorder in children and adolescents.
There are different types of bipolar disorder. The type depends whether the recent mood was elevated, depressed, or mixed.
7. THE BIPOLAR CHILD NEWSLETTER
Boredom and the Provocative Behavior of Children With Bipolar Disorder
Children and adolescents with bipolar disorder seem particularly prone to bouts of boredom.
Bipolar Disorder and Sleep Disorders
Sleep deprivation results in feelings of malaise, poor concentration, and moodiness, and even accidental deaths.
Looking for a therapist? Click here!
CE CONFERENCE DIRECTORY
Find information about up-coming international, national, regional,
and state meetings and workshops. Or, list your meeting!
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright © 2005 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed on April 18, 2010