Dual Diagnosis and
Adolescent Substance Abuse
Friday's Progress Notes - February 23, 2001
Mental Health Information - Vol. 5 Issue 5
Published by athealth.com - http://www.athealth.com
Join our leading online community of mental health professionals by subscribing
to Friday's Progress Notes! It's free!
1. Kenneth Minkoff, MD: "Evidence-based Clinical Practices
in the Treatment of Co-occurring Substance Use and Mental Health Disorders"
2. Howard A. Liddle, EdD: "Assessment and Treatment of Adolescent Substance Abuse"
ONLINE CE AND HOME STUDY
Take online CE or order home study videos, tapes, and books!
Alzheimer's, Anxiety, Aging, Anger Management, ADHD, DSM-IV Diagnoses, Domestic Violence, Ethics, PTSD, Grief and Loss, HIPAA, Addiction, Psychopharmacology, OCD, Co-Dependence, EMDR, Conduct Disorder, PTSD in Children, Eating Disorders, and more!
Today's special edition of Friday's Progress Notes features two interviews from our Professional Interview Series.
(1) The first interview is with Kenneth Minkoff, MD, an internationally recognized expert on dual diagnosis. Dr. Minkoff discusses evidence-based clinical practices in the treatment of co-occurring substance use and mental health disorders.
(2) The second interview features Howard A. Liddle, EdD, Director of the University of Miami Center for Treatment Research on Adolescent Drug Abuse. Dr. Liddle discusses his research and answers questions about the assessment and treatment of adolescent substance abuse.
My thanks to these two outstanding clinicians for sharing their expertise on these important topics.
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues, who can sign-up for a free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/Newsletter/fpn_subscribe.html
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
TAKE ONLINE CE OR HOME STUDY ON ADDICTION / DUAL DIAGNOSIS
- Brief CBT in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
- Treating Chemically Dependent Families (Three part series)
by John T. Edwards, PhD
- Diagnosing and Treating Co-Dependence
by Timmen Cermak, MD
- Domestic Violence: Intimate Partner Abuse
- Chemical Dependency: A Systems Approach
by C. Aaron McNeece, PhD, MSW, and Diana M. DiNitto, PhD, MSW
- Brief Strategic Family Therapy for Adolescent Drug Abuse
CE CONFERENCE DIRECTORY
Find information about up-coming international, national, regional,
and state meetings and workshops. Or, list your meeting!
LIST YOUR PRACTICE OR TREATMENT CENTER IN OUR DIRECTORIES!
If you're not listed in our therapist directory or our treatment center directory, you're missing out! Many of our site visitors are looking for a therapist or a treatment center! For listing information, click on
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright © 2001 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed on December 9, 2010