Friday's Progress Notes
Mental Health Information
July 2016 - Vol. 20 Issue 8
Published by athealth.com
Longest serving mental health newsletter for you and more than 10,000 of your professional colleagues. Subscribe today!
- What Is an Anxiety Disorder?
- Diagnosis and Management of Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder in Adults
- Older Maternal Age Is Associated With Depression, Anxiety, and Stress Symptoms in Young Adult Female Offspring
- Withholding Information from an Anxiety-Prone Patient?
- Scaling-up Treatment of Depression and Anxiety: a Global Return on Investment Analysis
- Fear of the Unknown: One Fear to Rule Them All?
- Anxiety, Work, and Coping
- Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents
- Treating Depression and Anxiety
- Using CBT Effectively for Treating Depression and Anxiety
VERY POPULAR, 6-CREDIT, CE COURSE - Suicide Assessment, Treatment, and Management
Managing suicidal individuals is an urgent topic for all health care providers. Most people who kill themselves have a diagnosable mental and/or substance use disorder. The majority have depressive illness. This course discusses prevalence, risk factors, screening, assessment, treatment, and management of the suicidal individual. Use promo code ah20 and receive 20% discount, today.
Buy now and earn 6 CE credits, today!
1. What Is an Anxiety Disorder?
The goal of this review has been to evaluate commonalities across anxiety disorders in features of responding in self-report estimation/prediction and in on-line responding to aversive stimuli across behavioral, psychophysiological, cognitive domains as well as functional systems at the neural level. Learn more...
2. Diagnosis and Management of Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder in Adults
Evidence suggests that the rates of missed diagnoses and misdiagnosis of GAD and PD are high, with symptoms often ascribed to physical causes. Learn more...
AMERICAN FAMILY PHYSICIAN
3. Older Maternal Age Is Associated With Depression, Anxiety, and Stress Symptoms in Young Adult Female Offspring
Our results indicate that older maternal age is associated with depression, anxiety, and stress symptoms in young adult females. Learn more...
AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (APA)
4. Withholding Information from an Anxiety-Prone Patient?
Therapeutic privilege or exception is a concept that justifies withholding information regarding a diagnosis or treatment from a patient if the disclosure of that information. Learn more...
AMA JOURNAL OF ETHICS
5. Scaling-up Treatment of Depression and Anxiety: a Global Return on Investment Analysis
This analysis sets out, for the first time, a global investment case for a scaled-up response to the massive public health and economic burden of depression and anxiety disorders. Learn more...
Great value - More than 140, top-rated, CE courses designed just for you!
"I have always enjoyed your CE courses. And your new web page makes it Very Easy... I can log in and easily see all courses I have taken. Thanks much for your support ..." - D.S., PhD, Cupertino, CA
6. Fear of the Unknown: One Fear to Rule Them All? (Click ClinicalKey on left)
The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. Learn more... (Click ClinicalKey on left)
THE JOURNAL OF ANXIETY DISORDERS
7. Anxiety, Work, and Coping
The weight of evidence clearly indicates that chronic anxiety can have many disastrous outcomes for employees, leaders, and their organizations. Learn more...
AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (APA)
8. Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents
A 16 year-old adolescent girl is brought to a physician for an urgent medical checkup. She has been complaining of circumscribed episodes of chest pain, dizziness, numbness of her upper extremities and palpitations. Learn more...
UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS FOR MEDICAL SCIENCES
10. Using CBT Effectively for Treating Depression and Anxiety
Fewer than 20% of people seeking help for depression and anxiety disorders receive cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), the most established evidence-based psychotherapeutic treatment. Learn more...
CURRENT PSYCHIATRY ONLINE
Privacy is a fundamental right, and it is the responsibility of all therapists to keep client information private. Today, psychotherapists must make thoughtful decisions about whether and to what extent they will incorporate electronic technology into their professional lives. To practice ethically, therapists who use digital and other technology must develop privacy and confidentiality protocols. Use promo code ah20 and receive 20% discount.
Buy now and earn 3 CE credits, today!