Juveniles and the Court System
Friday's Progress Notes - June 29, 2007
Mental Health Information - Vol. 11 Issue 5
Published by athealth.com - http://www.athealth.com
Subscribe to Friday's Progress Notes! The best mental health newsletter on the Internet for practitioners and it's free!
1. Events affecting children in the justice system
2. Infants and toddlers in court
3. Psychiatric disorders of youth in detention
4. Guidelines for child and adolescent mental health referral
5. Child and adolescent forensic evaluations
6. Ethical issues in forensic evaluations
7. Evaluating youth competence in the justice system
8. Understanding juvenile sexual offending behavior
ONLINE CE! EARN CREDIT WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
For a complete course catalog, click on http://www.athealthce.com
- Treating Difficult Adolescents
- Adolescent Girls: Development and Treatment Issues
- Suicide Assessment and Intervention
- Supervision: Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychotherapy
- PTSD: Treating Adults, Adolescents, and Children
- Eating Disorders, Obesity, and Other Eating-Related Problems
- Depression and Suicide in Children and Adolescents
- Brief CBT in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
- Psychotherapeutic Medications: What Every Counselor Should Know
- Brief Strategic Family Therapy for Adolescent Drug Abuse
- Family Counseling: Family Involvement, Assessment, Closure, and Ethical Issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
Children and teens come into contact with the justice system in a variety of situations. Today's newsletter focuses on issues that
impact youngsters involved with the court system.
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues, who can sign-up for a free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/Newsletter/fpn_subscribe.html
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
The Child in Court: A Subject Review
This statement outlines common events affecting children in the US judicial system.
2. JUVENILE AND FAMILY COURT JOURNAL
Infants and Toddlers in Court
This series of articles examines issues relating to the courts' youngest clients--infants and children under three years of age.
3. JUVENILE JUSTICE BULLETIN
Psychiatric Disorders of Youth in Detention
A significant number of youth in detention suffer from psychiatric disorders.
4. COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY, DIVISION OF CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRY
Guidelines for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Referral
The guidelines are designed to assist staff in community and juvenile justice agencies in developing appropriate referrals
for youth diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder.
5. PSYCHIATRY MMC
Overview of Child and Adolescent Forensic Evaluations
This article gives a general overview of some of the issues that come up when evaluations are performed on children and adolescents.
6. PSYCHIATRIC TIMES
Ethical Issues in Forensic Psychiatry With Children and Adolescents
Forensic examinations involving children and adolescents are difficult, due to the vulnerability of this patient population.
7. NATIONAL JUVENILE DEFENDER CENTER
Evaluating Youth Competence in the Justice System
This training module is designed to help mental health professionals conduct evaluations to determine if a child is competent.
8. U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
Understanding Juvenile Sexual Offending Behavior: Emerging Research, Treatment Approaches and Management Practices
The brief discusses the current state of research on sexually abusive youth, legislative trends, and promising approaches to treatment.
FEATURED TREATMENT CENTERS
Monarch Center for Family Healing - Georgetown, CO
Innovative Gestalt and wilderness therapy program for teens/families
CE CONFERENCE DIRECTORY
Find information about up-coming international, national, regional,
and state meetings and workshops. Or, list your meeting!
LIST YOUR PRACTICE OR TREATMENT CENTER!
If you're not listed in our professional directories, you're missing out! Many of our site visitors are looking for a therapist or a treatment center! For listing information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-284-3258 or click on http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/services/pintro.html
CONTINUING EDUCATION MEETINGS
Find information about listing live CE/CME meetings and workshops in the CE Calendar!
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright © 2007 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed on April 21, 2010