Office Practice Management
Friday's Progress Notes - August 22, 2003
Mental Health Information - Vol. 7 Issue 12
Published by athealth.com - http://www.athealth.com
Join our leading online community of mental health professionals by subscribing
to Friday's Progress Notes! It's free!
1. Help in determining if you are a covered entity under HIPAA
2. Outsourcing your billing
3. Workplace violence
4. Staff performance reviews
5. Using group appointments
6. Service utilization and the patient-physician relationship
7. Questions to ask when hiring
EARN CE WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
For a complete catalog, click on http://www.athealthce.com
- HIPAA Made Friendly
- Risk Management Basics: The Application of Law and Ethics to Risk Management
- Supervision: Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychotherapy
- Ethical Issues with Fees, Billing, and Collections
- PTSD: Treating Adults, Adolescents, and Children
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Brief CBT in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
- Alcohol Problems in Intimate Relationships
- Dream Interpretation: A Developmental Counseling and Therapy Approach
- Treating Difficult Adolescents
- Adolescent Girls: Development and Treatment Issues
- Psychotherapeutic Medications: What Every Counselor Should Know
One of the challenges facing today's practitioner is understanding and implementing the HIPAA regulations. If you have not yet complied with the Privacy Rule, you should do so as soon as possible. Today's newsletter focuses on HIPAA and other practice management issues.
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues, who can sign-up for a free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/Newsletter/fpn_subscribe.html
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
1. CENTERS FOR MEDICARE & MEDICAID SERVICES
Getting Organized for HIPAA
This site has tools to help you determine if you are a covered
entity under HIPAA.
2. MEDICAL ECONOMICS
Outsource Billing? Here's How
Outsourcing can increase collections and reduce overhead, but it can also burn you. So do your homework.
According to the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), more assaults occur in the healthcare and social services industries than in any other industry.
4. FAMILY PRACTICE MANAGEMENT
Five Steps to a Performance Evaluation System
Exposure to violence between parents and harsh punishment during childhood increases the risk for adult partner violence.
5. MANAGED CARE MAGAZINE
How To Manage the Worried Well
How to develop behavioral health education programs that
complement primary care medicine and psychiatric services.
6. THE PRIMARY CARE COMPANION TO THE JOURNAL OF CLINICAL PSYCIATRY
Patient-Physician Relationship and Service Utilization:
Life stress, negative affect, physical complaints, and the patients' perception of their physician impact utilization.
7. FAMILY PRACTICE MANAGEMENT
Questions You Should Ask When Hiring
Choosing the best candidate for your staff depends a lot
on selecting the right interview questions.
FEATURED TREATMENT CENTERS
LifeCare Counseling Services - Carmel, IN
Outpatient therapy for individuals, couples, and families
CE CONFERENCE DIRECTORY
Find information about up-coming international, national, regional,
and state meetings and workshops. Or, list your meeting!
LIST YOUR PRACTICE OR TREATMENT CENTER IN OUR DIRECTORIES!
If you're not listed in our therapist directory or our treatment center directory, you're missing out! Many of our site visitors are looking for a therapist or a treatment center! For listing information, click on
INSURANCE DISCOUNT THROUGH ONLINE CE
If you are a psychologist insured by the American Professional
Agency, you can take our online risk management courses, earn CE,
and receive a DISCOUNT on your malpractice insurance premiums!
Register now! See www.athealthce.com
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright © 2003 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed on March 1, 2010
and the Law