Friday's Progress Notes
Mental Health Information
Oct 2015 - Vol. 19 Issue 10
Published by athealth.com
TOPIC - REPRODUCIBILITY OF PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCE
- Estimating the Reproducibility of Psychological science - The Abstract
- Replicability in Psychological Science: A Crisis of Confidence?
- Solving Reproducibility
- How Reliable Are Psychology Studies?
- Scientists Replicated 100 Psychology Studies, and Fewer Than Half Got the Same Results
- A Reproducibility Crisis?
- Estimating the Reproducibility of Psychological Science - The Project
- How Reliable Are Medical Studies?
- Q&A with the Authors of "Estimating the Reproducibility of Psychological Science" Project.
- Supplementary Material for Estimating the Reproducibility of Psychological Science
Still struggling with ICD-10 coding?
Need a little more help with ICD-10? This video course provides the answers.
DSM-5 and the ICD-10-CM: Comparisons and Crosswalk is a 2-hour video presented by master teacher, Dr. Greg Neimeyer. In this program, Dr. Neimeyer makes a point-by-point comparison of the ICD-10-CM with the DSM-5 in relation to many of the most common psychological disorders. Learn ICD-10 now...
Join your colleagues - they give our courses 4+ stars!
"I have always enjoyed your CE courses. And your new web page makes it Very Easy... I can log in and easily see all courses I have taken. Thanks much for your support ..." - D.S., PhD, Cupertino, CA
1. Estimating the Reproducibility of Psychological Science - The Abstract
This study describes the replication of 100 experiments reported in papers published in 2008 in three high-ranking psychology journals.
2. Editors' Introduction to the Special Section on Replicability in Psychological Science: A Crisis of Confidence?
It appears that there is a crisis of confidence in psychological science reflecting an unprecedented level of doubt among practitioners about the reliability of research findings in the field.
JOURNAL OF PSYCHOLOGICAL SCIENCE
3. Solving Reproducibility
Recent developments in social psychology and cell biology have become widely known.
A new study shows that the field suffers from a reproducibility problem, but the extent of the issue is still hard to nail down.
5. Scientists Replicated 100 Psychology Studies, and Fewer Than Half Got the Same Results
The massive project shows that reproducibility problems plague even top scientific journals
Visit our catalog, today, and select from more than 140 CE courses designed by mental health professionals for you.
6. A Reproducibility Crisis?
'The results were sobering. Just 39 of the studies were successfully replicated. Psychology, it seemed, had a credibility problem.'
AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (APA)
7. Estimating the Reproducibility of Psychological Science - The Project
Reproducibility is a defining feature of science, but the extent to which it characterizes current research is unknown.
OPEN SCIENCE COLLABORATION
8. How Reliable Are Medical Studies?
Independent researchers couldn't reproduce the findings of more than half of 100 experiments previously published in three prominent psychology journals, a new review reports.
The authors discuss the process and findings from the Reproducibility Project: Psychology, and the initiatives to improve transparency and reproducibility in science more generally.
NEW REDDIT - JOURNAL OF SCIENCE
10. Supplementary Material for Estimating the Reproducibility of Psychological Science
The methods sections summarize the key aspects of the methodology and provide additional information, particularly concerning the latter stages of the project that were not addressed in the prior articles.
Assessing and Treating Sexual Problems in Psychotherapy - 5 credits
Are you asking the right questions, or are you missing important opportunities to help your patients?