Mental Health Information - Vol. 18 Issue 2
Published by athealth.com - http://www.athealth.com
Subscribe to Friday's Progress Notes, click here
FREE, monthly newsletter for mental health professionals!
NEW ONLINE COURSES - EARN CE/CEU CREDIT WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
- Understanding the DSM-5
- HIPAA Compliance Kit - Fifth Edition (New/Updated)
- Treating Panic Disorder: A Psychotherapeutic Case
- Ethical Considerations in the Assessment/Management of Suicide Risk
- Use of Mindfulness in Trauma Counseling
- Suicide Assessment, Treatment, and Management
- Ethics and Risk Management: Repercussions of Sexual Misconduct
Save on CE! Spend $125 or more and save 25%!
Use promo code: 25for125 (code is case sensitive)
See details in the CE Catalog.
1. SOCIAL WORK PODCAST
An Overview of Trauma-Informed Care: Interview with Nancy J. Smyth, PhD
Dr. Smyth discusses one of the most promising approaches to working with people without causing additional trauma.
2. COUNSELING TODAY
The Transformative Power of Trauma
Posttraumatic growth should be on the tips of counselors' tongues.
4. INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF TRAUMA AND DISSOCIATION
Guidelines for the Evaluation and Treatment of Dissociative Symptoms in Children and Adolescents
These treatment principles are intended for children and adolescents with diagnosed dissociative disorders.
5. VIRTUAL MENTOR
Art Therapy for Children Who Have Survived Disaster
Art has been found to be an especially effective tool for working with both adults and children coping with trauma.
6. ASSOCIATION FOR CONTECTUAL BEHAVIORAL SCIENCE
ACT for Coping with Trauma and PTSD with Robyn Walser
One area of obesity research is the considerable neurobiological overlap between addiction and some forms of obesity. (Complimentary registration required.)
7. AMERICAN FAMILY PHYSICIAN
Disaster-Related Physical and Mental Health: A Role for the Family Physician
Risk factors for post-disaster problems include previous mental health problems and high levels of exposure to disaster-related stresses.
8. UNIVERSITY OF BUFFALO SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK
Clinical Supervision: Integrating a Trauma-Informed Lens
In this podcast Eda Kauffman describes how trauma-informed clinical supervision is different from traditional supervision.