Register for Video CE Courses Today!
Join 55,492 of your colleagues and receive the credits you need now....
SAVE 20% TODAY
Features and Benefits
Thanks to all our visitors,
the Athealth Staff
Friday's Progress Notes
Mental Health Information
Nov 2015 - Vol. 19 Issue 11
Published by At Health, LLC
Longest serving newsletter for you and more than 11,000 of your mental health professional colleagues. Subscribe today!
- How Mental Health Has Become a Hot Topic in Telemedicine
- Are You a Digital Native or Digital Immigrant?
- The Online Couch -Mental Health Care On The Web
- Major Trends Shaping Telemedicine
- Guidelines for the Practice of Telepsychology
- Coming to Terms with Technology
- Utilizing Skype and VSee to Provide TeleMentalHealth, E-Counseling, or E-therapy
- Technology Tutor: What Can Counselors Learn from Edward Snowden?
- Consider Telehealth Technology to Perform Reliable and Valid Cognitive Screening
- Practice Guidelines for Video-Based Online Mental Health Services
1. How Mental Health Has Become a Hot Topic in Telemedicine
Telemedicine can play crucial roles in integrated care consultation models and providing tele-mental
health services for the unreachable.
AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PSYCHIATRY (APA)
2. Are You a Digital Native or Digital Immigrant?
Telepsychiatry is only one of many avenues that will improve access to care. Integrating mental
health care in the primary care setting is another avenue, and telepsychiatry can be part of the
integrated care model.
AMERICAN JOURNAL OF PSYCHIATRY
3. The Online Couch -Mental Health Care On The Web
The focus of this report is the emerging array of technology-enabled psychotherapeutic
interventions that are expanding access to free and low-cost care for people with mild-to-moderate
CALIFORNIA HEALTHCARE FOUNDATION (CHCF)
4. Major Trends Shaping Telemedicine
The Center for Telehealth and e-Health Law (CTeL) provides support on topics such as: physician and nurse licensure; credentialing and privileging; Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement; and private insurance payment policies.
CENTER FOR TELEHEALTH AND E-HEALTH LAW (CTeL)
5. Guidelines for the Practice of Telepsychology
This guide presents the expanding role of technology in the provision of psychological services that may be useful in the practice of psychology.
AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (APA)
Great value - More than 140, top-rated, CE courses waiting for you!
6. Coming to Terms with Technology
Adapting to the vast array of new technology might feel like sailing into uncharted waters.
7. Utilizing Skype and VSee to Provide TeleMentalHealth, E-Counseling, or E-therapy
While Skype is popular, familial, free and is encrypted, bottom line - it is not HIPAA compliant and does not notify clinicians when breaches occur.
8. Technology Tutor: What Can Counselors Learn from Edward Snowden?
Regardless of whether you see Edward Snowden as a patriotic whistleblower or a traitor to his country, he has some valuable insights into technology and privacy — insights to which counselors would be wise to pay heed.
9. Consider Telehealth Technology to Perform Reliable and Valid Cognitive Screening
Appropriate administration of a brief cognitive screening using telehealth technology can improve
access to care and treatment planning.
CURRENT PSYCHIATRY ONLINE
10. Practice Guidelines for Video-Based Online Mental Health Services
The ATA guidelines are developed by work groups that include experts from the field and other strategic stakeholders and designed to serve as both an operational reference and an educational tool to aid in providing appropriate care for patients.
AMERICAN TELEMEDICINE ASSOCIATION (ATA)