CE requirements for licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFT) in Florida:
- 30 hours of CE every 2 years as follows:
- General Hours – 25 hours
- Ethics and Boundaries – 3 hours See ethics courses at http://athealth.com/ethics-courses/
- Medical Errors – 2 hours (All medical errors courses must be approved by the Florida Board. Athealth.com does not currently offer a medical errors course.)
- In addition, Florida marriage and family therapists are required to take 3 hours on Florida Laws and Rules every third renewal. These hours are included in the 25 general hours. (Athealth.com has numerous courses that meet the requirement for Ethics and Boundaries referenced above. However, athealth.com does not currently offer a Laws and Rules course.)
- 2 hours on Domestic Violence - (Due every 6 years. These hours are included in the 25 required general hours) The following athealth.com course meets this requirement: Domestic Violence: Counseling Clients Involved with Violent Intimate Partners at http://athealth.com/course/domestic-violence-counseling-clients-involved-with-violent-intimate-partners/
CE Approvals: The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy & Mental Health Counseling accepts courses from APA and NBCC approved providers. Athealth.com is an APA approved provider and an NBCC approved provider (ACEP#6719).
There is no limit on the number of hours that can be earned through online or home study courses.
Licenses expire March 31, odd-numbered years.
Florida marriage and family therapists (LMFT) can earn 25 of their general credits and 3 of their ethics and boundaries credits online through athealth.com. View the course catalog
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Florida continuing education regulations, go to http://floridasmentalhealthprofessions.gov/renewals/licensed-marriage-and-family-therapist/
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on November 25, 2017