Friday's Progress Notes
Mental Health Information
December 2015 - Vol. 19 Issue 12
Published by athealth.com
Longest serving newsletter for you and more than 11,000 of your mental health professional colleagues. Subscribe today!
- Health Insurance and Mental Health Services
- Medicaid Behavioral Health Services
- Medicare & Your Mental Health Benefits
- Implementation of the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA)
- Healthcare Integration in the Era of the Affordable Care Act
- Does Your Insurance Cover Mental Health Services?
- The Affordable Care Act: What Counselors Should Know
- The Affordable Care Act: An Opportunity for Improving Care for Substance Use Disorders?
- The Implications of the Affordable Care Act for Mental Health Care
- The Impact of the Affordable Care Act on the Health Care Workforce
NEW - ALL OF THE ESSENTIAL CLINICAL FORMS YOU NEED FOR PRACTICING THERAPISTS
|60, very popular, office tools used by thousands of therapists in private practice. All the work is done and the clinical office forms are ready for you! Forms recently updated to conform with new DSM-5 to ICD-10. Package includes, intake, treatment plans, consents, releases, marketing plan and much more...
Buy now and begin using them today!
1. Health Insurance and Mental Health Services
The Affordable Care Act provides one of the largest expansions of mental health and substance use
disorder coverage in a generation
MENTAL HEALTH GOV
2. Medicaid Behavioral Health Services
Medicaid is the single largest payer for mental health services in the United States and is increasingly
playing a larger role in the reimbursement of substance use disorder services.
3. Medicare & Your Mental Health Benefits
This booklet provides information about mental health benefits in Original Medicare, Part A (Hospital
Insurance) and Part B (Medical Insurance).
4. Implementation of the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA)
Learn how the MHPAEA expands the availability of behavioral health care to all Americans.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION (SAMHSA)
5. Healthcare Integration in the Era of the Affordable Care Act
Changes are occurring across the healthcare landscape, with a significant focus on integration of
behavioral and physical health.
ASSOCIATION FOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Great value - More than 140, top-rated, CE courses waiting for you!
6. Does Your Insurance Cover Mental Health Services?
The law passed in 2008, the Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act requires coverage of services
for mental health, behavioral health and substance-use disorders to be comparable to physical health
AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (APA)
7. The Affordable Care Act: What Counselors Should Know
It is important that counselors have a basic understanding of the law, how it works, and how it affects
AMERICAN COUNSELING ASSOCIATION
8. The Affordable Care Act: An Opportunity for Improving Care for Substance Use Disorders?
The ACA will bring significant changes in coverage for publicly-funded substance use disorder treatment
NATIONAL CENTER for BIOTECHNOLOGY INFORMATION (NCBI)
9. The Implications of the Affordable Care Act for Mental Health Care
The healthcare workforce is largely unprepared, in numbers and expertise, to confront the specific
mental health needs of our aging population.
AMERICAN SOCIETY ON AGING
10. The Impact of the Affordable Care Act on the Health Care Workforce
The health care workforce is facing increased stress and instability, and a major redesign of the
workforce is needed to extend care to millions of Americans.
BRAND NEW & VERY INFORMATIVE CE COURSE!
Clinical practice currently faces a crisis of competence and conscience in the treatment of clients whose ethnicity, race, or class renders them minority groups in American society.