Longest serving mental health newsletter for you and more than 11,000 of your professional colleagues. Subscribe today!
- Efficacy of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy in Prevention of Depressive Relapse
- Computer-Mediated Mindfulness Practice Increases State Mindfulness
- The Relational Dimensions of Mindfulness and Psychotherapy
- Mindfulness for Motor and Nonmotor Dysfunctions in Parkinson’s Disease
- Mindfulness Therapy Can Reduce Anxiety and Depression in Cancer Patients
- Mindfulness Meditation Is Associated With Structural Changes in the Brain
- Mindfulness-Based Interventions: Effective for Depression and Anxiety
- Meditation for Migraines: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial
- Mindfulness Meditation Improves Mood, Quality of Life, and Attention in Adults with ADHD
- Mindfulness in the Military
1. Efficacy of Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy in Prevention of Depressive Relapse
Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy appears efficacious as a treatment for relapse prevention for those with recurrent depression (May need to create a free account).
2. A Moment of Mindfulness: Computer-Mediated Mindfulness Practice Increases State Mindfulness
The context of computer-mediated practice, the 5-minute mindfulness practice can be delivered effectively with no specialist input, and is effective when delivered online where the participant is able to choose their own surroundings to carry out the practice.
3. Common Ground: The Relational Dimensions of Mindfulness and Psychotherapy
‘‘I am ok. I can love and accept myself. I have worth.’’
AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (APA)
4. Mindfulness for Motor and Nonmotor Dysfunctions in Parkinson’s Disease
This study provides evidence that the tailored mindfulness intervention reduces anxiety and depression and enhances cognitive and motor functioning in Parkinson’s Disease.
CASE REPORTS IN PSYCHIATRY
5. Mindfulness Therapy Can Reduce Anxiety and Depression in Cancer Patients
Cancer patients who choose to partake in mindfulness-based therapy may see a reduction in their anxiety and depression symptoms.
Great value - More than 140, top-rated, CE courses designed just for you!
"I have always enjoyed your CE courses. And your new web page makes it Very Easy... I can log in and easily see all courses I have taken. Thanks much for your support ..." - D.S., PhD, Cupertino, CA
6. Mindfulness Meditation Is Associated With Structural Changes in the Brain
According to a recent study, practicing mindfulness meditation appears to be associated with measurable changes in the brain regions involved in memory, learning, and emotion.
NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH (NIH)
7. Mindfulness-Based Interventions: Effective for Depression and Anxiety
Regular mindfulness meditation has been shown to result in structural brain changes that may help explain how the practice effectively addresses psychiatric symptoms.
CURRENT PSYCHIATRY ONLINE
8. Meditation for Migraines: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial
This small pilot study suggests that the standardized intervention of mindfulness-based stress reduction is safe, feasible, and can be done concurrently with pharmacological treatment (May need to create a free account)..
9. Mindfulness Meditation Improves Mood, Quality of Life, and Attention in Adults with ADHD
Mindfulness awareness practices improved affective symptoms, quality of life, and attentional performance (sustained attention and executive control) in adult ADHD patients and controls.
CASE REPORTS IN PSYCHIATRY
10. Mindfulness in the Military
What do a 2,500 year-old monk and a modern-day ninth-generation military woman have in common?