Friday's Progress Notes
Mental Health Information
December 2014 - Vol. 18 Issue 11
Published by At Health, LLC
1. Mental Health Parity - Health Affairs
2. Losing Face: How Facebook Disconnects Us - Counseling Today
3. Telemental and Behavioral Health - ATA
4. HIPAA Privacy Rule and Sharing Information Related to Mental Health - hhs.gov
5. DSM-5 Frequently Asked Questions - APA
6. Health Insurance and Mental Health Services | MentalHealth.gov
7. Behavioral Health, Patient Privacy, and the Need to Know - chcf.org
8. Look Before You Leap - Private Practice | Counseling Today
9. Can what we learned about reducing no-shows in our clinic work for you? | Current Psychiatry
10. Cell Phones: The Psychosocial Risks | Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience
1. HEALTH AFFAIRS
Mental Health Parity.
Many factors heighten the need to deliver high-quality care to people with mental health and substance use disorders.
2. COUNSELING TODAY
Losing Face: How Facebook Disconnects Us
The reliance on Facebook for connectivity has raised considerable concerns about its impact on the authenticity of the human experience.
3. AMERICAN TELEMEDICINE ASSOCIATION (ATA)
Telemental and Behavioral Health
According to experts, mental health procedures that are delivered in person can be delivered remotely via telehealth.
4. HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES (HHS)
HIPAA Privacy Rule and Sharing Information Related to Mental Health
Frequently asked questions about sharing protected health information of a patient who is being treated for a mental health condition.
5. AMERICAN PSYCHIATRIC ASSOCIATION (APA)
DSM-5 Frequently Asked Questions
Many of the changes in DSM-5 were made to better characterize symptoms and behaviors of groups of people who are currently seeking clinical help.
Health Insurance and Mental Health Services
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) provides one of the largest expansions of mental health and substance use disorder coverage in a generation.
7. CALIFORNIA HEALTHCARE FOUNDATION (CHCF)
Behavioral Health, Patient Privacy, and the Need to Know
Three scenarios that illustrate the challenges of finding the correct balance between privacy and disclosure.
8. VIRTUAL MENTOR
Special Protections for Mental Health Treatment Notes
The electronic medical record has raised a number of new ethical challenges and given new life to some old ones.
9. CURRENT PSYCHIATRY
Can what we learned about reducing no-shows in our clinic work for you?
No-shows contribute to the detriment of the patients' health and the financial well-being of the practice.
10. INNOVATIONS IN CLINICAL NEUROSCIENCE
Cell Phones: The Psychosocial Risks|
While the potential benefits of this technology continue to emerge, so do the potential psychosocial risks.
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link in this newsletter does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health. At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.