Friday's Progress Notes - May 2014
Mental Health Information - VOL: 8 ISSUE 4
Published by athealth.com
Subscribe to Friday's Progress Notes, Click here
FREE, monthly newsletter for mental health professionals!
NEW ONLINE COURSES - EARN CE/CEU CREDIT WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
- Understanding the DSM-5
- HIPAA Compliance Kit - Fifth Edition (New/Updated)
- Treating Panic Disorder: A Psychotherapeutic Case
- Ethical Considerations in the Assessment/Management of Suicide Risk
- Use of Mindfulness in Trauma Counseling
- Suicide Assessment, Treatment, and Management (6 credits - meets the WA State requirement)
- Ethics and Risk Management: Repercussions of Sexual Misconduct
Save on CE! Spend $125 or more and save 25%!
Use promo code: 25for125 (code is case sensitive)
See details in the CE Catalog.
1. ADMINISTRATION AND POLICY IN MENTAL HEALTH AND MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
Burnout in Mental Health Services: A Review of the Problem and Its Remediation
Many researchers consider burnout to be a job-related stress condition or even a work-related mental health impairment.
2. COUNSELING TODAY
The Inner Life of the Counselor
Strengthening our own self-care protocol is an important undertaking for ourselves and also a gift to our clients and colleagues.
3. COUNSELING TODAY
Leveraging apps for Counselor Self-care
This article provides apps for counselor self-care across three dimensions of wellness: physical, psychological and emotional.
4. AMERICAN PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION
Occupational Vulnerability for Psychologists
Everyone working in a mental health setting needs to attend to issues of occupational vulnerability and self-care.
5. UNIVERSITY OF BUFFALO SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK
Burnout and Self-Care in Social Work
In this podcast, Elaine Hammond uses a trauma-informed perspective to provide a paradigm for the creation of an individualized self-care strategy.
6. UNIVERSITY OF BUFFALO SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK
Self-Care Self-Assessment Checklists and Measures
This page has several self-assessment checklists and measures that can help therapists examine different aspects of their present well-being.
7. JOURNAL OF PSYCHOACTIVE DRUGS
Causes, Consequences, and Prevention of Burnout among Substance Abuse Treatment Counselors: A Rural versus Urban Comparison
Substance abuse counselors are vulnerable to burnout, which has negative repercussions for the counselor, employing organization, and clients.
8. CURRENT PSYCHIATRY
How to avoid burning out and keep your spark
Treating or preventing burnout requires individual solutions, peer strategies, and group/organizational techniques. (Complimentary registration required.)
9. JOURNAL OF PSYCHOSOCIAL NURSING AND MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
Promoting Wellness of Peer Providers Through Coaching
A key task of the wellness coach is to help the individual served
explore the eight dimensions of wellness.