CE requirements for NH nurses (RN, LPN):
- 30 hours every 2 years
- Courses must enhance nursing knowledge, judgment, and skills
- 60 hours every 2 years
- Including 30 hours for RN licensure plus 30 additional hours specific to the area of advanced practice specialization, 5 of which must be related to pharmacology
- 12 contact hours per year including conferences, lectures or other education offerings designed to enhance nursing assistant knowledge, judgment, and skills
NH Board of Nursing accepts online courses.
The Board does not require that contact hours be earned at conferences that provide "official" contact hours granted by a professional organization. However, the educational offering must:
- Have specific objectives that guide the learning
- Pertain to and enhance the licensee’s knowledge, skills and judgment
- Pertain to the licensee’s scope of practice
- Have a method for evaluating the learner’s attainment of the objectives
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the NH continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .