CE requirements for West Virginia social workers (LSW, LGSW, LCSW, LICSW ):
LSW, LGSW, LCSW, LICSW must earn forty (40) hours of CE every 2 years as follows:
- At least 20 hours every 2 years, including 1 hour in professional ethics and 2 hours in mental health conditions specific to veterans and family members of veterans.
- Training specific to veterans and their family members should include whether clients or their family members are veterans, screening for conditions such as PTSD, readjustment issues, intermittent explosive and related disorders, addiction, risk and prevention of suicide, and the need for family and/or marital counseling.
- 10 of the 20 Category I hours can be taken online if offered by an ASWB approved provider.
- 20 hours in activities that either relate to social work or enhance the professional’s area of social work practice.
- Online courses are acceptable for these Catgory II activities.
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, Amedco is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Amedco maintains responsibility for this course.
WV social workers can earn thirty (30) of their credits online through athealth.com.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the WV continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .