CE requirements for West Virginia social workers (LSW, LGSW, LCSW, LICSW ):
LSW, LGSW, LCSW, LICSW must earn forty (40) hours of CE every 2 years as follows:
- At least 20 hours every 2 years, including 1 hour in professional ethics and 2 hours in mental health conditions specific to veterans and family members of veterans.
- Training specific to veterans and their family members should include whether clients or their family members are veterans, screening for conditions such as PTSD, readjustment issues, intermittent explosive and related disorders, addiction, risk and prevention of suicide, and the need for family and/or marital counseling.
- 10 of the 20 Category I hours can be taken online if offered by an ASWB approved provider.
- 20 hours in activities that either relate to social work or enhance the professional’s area of social work practice.
- Online courses are acceptable for these Catgory II activities.
CE Approvals: The WV Board of Social Work accepts programs offered from ASWB approved sponsors. Programs for social workers are available for continuing education credit through the co-sponsorship of At Health, Inc., and Amedco, LLC. Amedco, #1346, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program.
WV social workers can earn thirty (30) of their credits online through athealth.com. View the course catalog at http://athealth.com/course-catalog/
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the WV continuing education regulations, go to http://www.wvsocialworkboard.org/CEInfo/ForSocialWorkers/Requirements.aspx
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on August 8, 2017