Virginia psychologists (PhD, PsyD) are required to take a minimum of 14 CE credits each year.
- Fourteen (14) hours of continuing education (CE) courses each year
- Including a minimum of 1.5 hours in ethics and standards of practice or laws governing the profession of psychology
- At least six (6) of the required hours must be earned face-to-face
- Eight (8) hours may be taken online or via home study
- Renewal date: June 30 each year
- Virginia Board of Psychology accepts courses by APA approved providers
At Health is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
Virginia psychologists can earn eight (8) of their CE credits online through athealth.com Click here to view the course catalog
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Virginia continuing education regulations, go to https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/psychology/psychology_laws_regs.htm
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on May 12, 2015