Friday's Progress Notes
Mental Health Information
Sep 2015 - Vol. 19 Issue 9
Published by athealth.com
TOPIC - PRACTICE MANAGEMENT - ICD-10
- ICD-10 Code Lookup
- Transitioning to the ICD-10-CM
- What You Need to Know About DSM-5 and ICD-10-CM
- Literature on DSM-5 and ICD-11
- Moving Towards ICD-11 and DSM-V: Concept and Evolution of Psychiatric Classification
- Transition to ICD-10: What it Entails and Why It's Important to Behavioral Health Providers
- The ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders - Diagnostic criteria for research
- Using DSM-5 in the Transition to ICD-10
- Mental, Behavioral and Neurodevelopmental Disorders F01-F99
- A Primer For ICD-10-CM Users: Psychological and Behavioral Conditions
Earn CE and prepare your practice for ICD-10!
Still have questions about transitioning to ICD-10? This 2 hour video course provides the answers.
DSM-5 and the ICD-10-CM: Comparisons and Crosswalk is a 2-hour video presented by master teacher, Dr. Greg Neimeyer. In this program, Dr. Neimeyer makes a point-by-point comparison of the ICD-10-CM with the DSM-5 in relation to many of the most common psychological disorders. Learn more now...
Join your colleagues - they give our courses 4+ stars!
"I was delighted to find high quality courses, reasonably priced, online. Thank you." - M.B., Hagerman, ID
"Affordable, great value, easy to access." - M.K., Kearney, ND
1. ICD-10 Code Lookup
Enter a Code or keyword to conduct your search for ICD-10 Codes. After searching, select an ICD-10 Code link from the results table to populate the corresponding text box and close the pop-up window. Try the tool...
2. Transitioning to the ICD-10-CM
On October 1, the ICD-10 coding classification will become the new baseline for clinical data, clinical documentation, claims processing and public health reporting. Learn more...
3. What You Need to Know About DSM-5 and ICD-10-CM
This is the first time that many clinicians have had to deal with such a radical overhaul of the diagnostic coding system. Read article...
4. Literature on DSM-5 and ICD-11
Because the ICD-11 process is at least two years behind DSM-5, with a projected publication date in 2015, there are only a few available articles to give us a glimpse of what is to come. Learn more...
National Center for PTSD
5. Moving Towards ICD-11 and DSM-V: Concept and Evolution of Psychiatric Classification
With advances in genetics and neurobiology in the future, classification of psychiatric disorders should improve further. The concept, evolution, current status and challenges facing psychiatric classification are discussed in this review. View details...
Indian Journal of Psychiatry
Visit our catalog, today, and select from more than 140 CE courses designed by mental health professionals for you.
6. Transition to ICD-10: What it Entails and Why It’s Important to Behavioral Health Providers - Free Download
Answers common questions about ICD-10, including preparation for implementation. View details...
7. The ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders - Diagnostic criteria for research
WHO publications provide authoritative information and guidance aimed at promoting and protecting health and preventing and controlling disease. The text presented here has also been extensively tested (14), involving researchers and clinicians in 32 countries. The ICD-10 proposals are thus a product of collaboration, in the true sense of the word, between very many individuals and agencies in numerous countries. They were produced in the hope that they will serve as a strong support to the work of the many who are concerned with caring for the mentally ill and their families, worldwide. View details...
World Health Organization (WHO)
8. Using DSM-5 in the Transition to ICD-10
A Brief Guide to Using DSM-5 in the Transition to ICD-10. DSM-5, unlike previous versions of DSM, contains both ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes. For most behavioral health providers, if you have a DSM-5, you are ready for the transition to ICD-10 on Oct. 1, 2015. Learn more...
American Psychiatric Association (APA)
9. Mental, Behavioral and Neurodevelopmental Disorders F01-F99
ICD10Data.com takes the official ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS medical codes and adds millions of cross references between codes to make finding what you need faster and easier then ever before. Learn more...
10. A Primer For ICD-10-CM Users: Psychological and Behavioral Conditions
Aimed at familiarizing mental health practitioners and training faculty with the basics of the ICD-10, this concise, handy guide is an essential read for psychologists, given that the World Health Organization s International Classification of Diseases (ICD) will become the North American official diagnostic system for mental and behavioral disorders in fall 2015. See the book...
NEW COURSE - JUST RELEASED!
Assessing and Treating Sexual Problems in Psychotherapy - 5 credits
Are you asking the right questions, or are you missing important opportunities to help your patients?