Licensed professional counselors in Illinois (LPC, LCPC) are required to take:
- Thirty (30) hours of continuing education every 2 years.
- All clinical professional counselors are also required to complete eighteen (18) hours in clinical supervision. This is a one-time requirement.
- The limit of Fifteen (15) online CEs has been dropped for this renewal cycle. See the special covid guidelines here.
- The renewal date for Illinois LPCs and LCPCs is March 31 of odd-numbered years.
- Effective January 1, 2020, a new law took effect that requires all Illinois licensed professionals who need continuing education to renew their licenses to complete 1 hour of education related to sexual harassment prevention. Licensees can take this CE course from any CE provider or sponsor that is authorized to provide CE for any profession regulated by IDFPR. This includes businesses or entities that have active CE sponsor licenses for any profession, or that are listed as a ‘pre-approved’ sponsor for any profession. For more information on the changes please click here.
Illinois LPCs and LCPCs can earn fifteen (15) of their thirty (30) CE credits online through athealth.com.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Illinois continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .