Continuing education (CE) requirements for Florida social workers:
- Thirty (30) hours of continuing education (CE) every 2 years as follows:
- General Hours – 25 hours
- Ethics and Boundaries – 3 hours At Health offers over 20 Ethics courses.
- Medical Errors – 2 hours (All medical errors courses must be approved by the Florida Board of Psychology. Athealth.com does not currently offer a medical errors course.)
- In addition, Florida social workers are required to take 3 hours on Florida Laws and Rules every third renewal. These hours are included in the 25 general hours. (Athealth.com has numerous courses that meet the requirement for Ethics and Boundaries referenced above. However, athealth.com does not currently offer a Laws and Rules course.)
- 2 hours on Domestic Violence - (Due every 6 years. These hours are included in the 25 required general hours). Click here to view our Domestic Violence Course - Domestic Violence: Counseling Clients Involved with Violent Intimate Partners - that meets this requirement.
There is no limit on the number of hours earned through online or home study courses.
Licenses expire March 31, odd-numbered years.
Florida social workers can earn 25 of their general credits and 3 of their ethics and boundaries credits online through athealth.com.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Florida continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .