Florida counselors and specialists subject to the Florida Certification Board are required to earn continuing education (CE) credits to renew their certifications as follows:
For CE requirements for addiction counselors, see http://athealth.com/continuing-education-for-florida-addiction-counselors/
Certified Mental Health Professional (CMHP)
- Must earn 20 CE hours each year
- Renewal due date every year: June 30
Certified Behavioral Health Technician (CBHT)
- Must earn 10 CE hours of CE each year. Renewal date: June 30
- Training content must be related to at least one of the performance domains.
Certified Recovery Peer Specialist (CRPS, CRPS-A, CRPS-F, CRPS-V)
- Must earn 10 CE hours per year. Renewal date: June 30
- Training content must be related to at least one of the CRPS performance domains.
Community Health Worker
Certified Community Health Worker (CCHW)
- Must earn 10 clock hours per year. Renewal every two years, on June 30th of the renewal year.
- Content must relate to at least one of the CHW performance domains of Communication and Education; Resources; Advocacy; Foundations of Health; or Professional Responsibility.
Employer Sponsored Child Welfare Certification:
Child Welfare Provisional (CWP)
Certified Child Welfare Protective Investigator (CWPI)
Certified Child Welfare Case Manager (CWCM)
Certified Child Welfare Licensing Counselor (CWLC)
- Certified professionals are required to complete a total of 40 hours of continuing education as follows: The first time the credential is renewed, the certified professional must complete a minimum of 40 hours of continuing education dated between the date of the credential award and the credential expiration date.
- For each subsequent renewal, the certified professional must complete a minimum of 40 hours allocated as follows: • 20 hours earned between November 1st and October 31st of the first year. • 20 hours earned between November 1st and October 31st of the following year.
Certification Board Policies and Procedures
For details on renewals and continuing education for various certificates, go to https://flcertificationboard.org/resources/policy-and-procedure/
The Florida Certification Board accepts continuing education (CE) courses approved by the APA and NAADAC . At Health is a provider approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education. Athealth.com is approved as a continuing education provider by the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) Provider #148460.
Florida certified professionals can earn all of their CE credits online through athealth.com. Click here to view the course catalog: http://athealth.com/course-catalog/
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Florida continuing education regulations, go to http://flcertificationboard.org/certification/available-certifications/
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on May 9, 2015.