CE requirements for social workers (LCSW, CSW, LSW) in Kentucky:
- 30 hours of continuing education every 3 years for LCSW, CSW (certified social worker)
- 15 hours of CE every 3 years for LSW
- Must take 3 hours of social work ethics – ethics courses must be pre-approved by the Board. Our ethics courses have not been pre-approved by the KY Board and therefore do not meet this requirement.
- Must take 6 hours of continuing education in suicide assessment, treatment, and management within the first year of licensure and every six (6) years thereafter.
- Must take 3 hours of CE on domestic violence and elder abuse during the three year cycle following initial licensure
- Must take 1.5 hours of CE on pediatric abusive head trauma once every six (6) years
- There is no limit to the number of CE hours that can be earned via home study, distance learning, or teleconference courses.
The Kentucky Board of Social Work accepts programs offered by ASWB approved sponsors. Programs are available for continuing education credit through the co-sponsorship of At Health, LLC, and Amedco, LLC. Amedco, #1346, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards(ASWB) , through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Amedco maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 6/24/2016 to 6/24/2019.
Kentucky social workers can earn all of their CE credits online.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Kentucky continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .