CE requirements for social workers (LCSW, CSW, LSW) in Kentucky:
- 30 hours of continuing education every 3 years for LCSW, CSW (certified social worker)
- 15 hours of CE every 3 years for LSW
- Must take 3 hours of social work ethics – ethics courses must be pre-approved by the Board. Our ethics courses have not been pre-approved by the KY Board and therefore do not meet this requirement.
- Must take 6 hours of continuing education in suicide assessment, treatment, and management within the first year of licensure and every six (6) years thereafter.
- Must take 3 hours of CE on domestic violence and elder abuse during the three year cycle following initial licensure
- Must take 1.5 hours of CE on pediatric abusive head trauma once every six (6) years
- There is no limit to the number of CE hours that can be earned via home study, distance learning, or teleconference courses.
As a Jointly Accredited Organization, Amedco is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved under this program. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Amedco maintains responsibility for this course.
Kentucky social workers can earn all of their CE credits online.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Kentucky continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .