CE requirements for IN mental health counselors (LMHCs, LMHCAs):
- 40 CE credits every 2 years (20 credits per year), with a minimum of 1 credit earned each year (2 credits per renewal period) in the area of ethics and professional conduct, including boundary issues
- Must earn a minimum of 50% of credits from Category I, which includes online/home study programs such as computer, audio, and video
- May obtain a maximum of 50% of credit from Category II, which includes self-directed learning such as journal reading
- LMHCs and LMHCAs can earn all their credits from Category I
- Renewal Date: 4/1 even-numbered years
Mental health counselors in IN can earn all 40 of their CE credits online through athealth.com.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements.
To view the IN continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .