CE requirements for Alaska RNs, LPNs, ANPs:
- 30 contact hours every 2 years
- As part of the 30 contact hours, ANPs with prescriptive authority must have 12 contact hours in advanced pharmacology and 12 contact hours in clinical management of patients
- Board accepts online learning
Contact hours should be earned in at least one of the following subject areas:
Nursing practice areas and special health care problems
Biological, physical, or behavioral sciences
Legal or ethical aspects of health care
Management or administration of health care personnel and patient care
Other subjects approved by the board that are required as part of a formal nursing program that are more advanced than those completed for original licensure
Education offerings by other healthcare disciplines may also apply toward the continuing education requirement. Examples are courses / classes offered by physicians, social workers, chemical dependency therapists, activity or occupational therapists, dietitians, pharmacists, and physical therapists.
New Requirements in Effect as of July 1, 2018
- If you hold a current DEA registration, 2 hours of education in pain management and opioid use and addiction in the two year renewal period is required. These must be submitted to the division to renew your license.
- If you are applying for or hold a DEA registration, you must register for the PDMP after receiving your DEA number.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Alaska continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .