Attention: Several states and disciplines have relaxed requirements regarding live / in person Continuing Education due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check with your board to see the most current requirements.
CE requirements for NM psychologists:
- 40 hours of CE every 2 years, including 4 hours of cultural diversity (with 2 of the 4 hours to be in the area of ethnic diversity) and 5 hours of ethics
- 15 of the 40 must be in Category I (from APA approved providers)
- 11 of the 15 Category I hours can be earned online, 4 must be face-to-face programs
- Remainder of the hours (25) can be from Category I or II
- Board accepts independent study or home study programs, including online programs, from APA approved providers
The New Mexico Board of Psychologist Examiners accepts programs from APA approved sponsors. At Health, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. At Health, LLC maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
NM psychologists can earn 36 of their CE credits online through athealth.com.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the NM continuing education regulations, click the button below.
CE Requirements for New Mexico Psychologists
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .