CE requirements for SC social workers (LBSW, LMSW, LISW-CP, LISW-AP):
- 40 contact hours every 2 years
- Minimum of 20 of the 40 clock hours must be specifically provided by a trained social worker - a person with a BSW, MSW, or DSW.
- Online courses are accepted provided that
- a. Credits are granted by an approved sponsor,
- b. CE test is required
- c. Score of at least 70% prior to the awarding of Continuing Education credits.
The State Board of South Carolina accepts programs offered by ASWB approved sponsors. Programs are available for continuing education credit through the co-sponsorship of At Health, LLC, and Amedco, LLC. Amedco, #1346, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Amedco maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 6/24/2016 to 6/24/2019.
South Carolina social workers can earn all 40 of their CE credits online through athealth.com.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the South Carolina continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .