CE requirements for SC social workers (LBSW, LMSW, LISW-CP, LISW-AP):
- 40 contact hours every 2 years
- Minimum of 20 of the 40 clock hours must be specifically provided by a trained social worker - a person with a BSW, MSW, or DSW.
- Online courses are accepted provided that
- a. Credits are granted by an approved sponsor,
- b. CE test is required
- c. Score of at least 70% prior to the awarding of Continuing Education credits.
At Health, LLC, Provider #1707, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credits. At Health, LLC, maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 6/3/2019-6/3/2020.
South Carolina social workers can earn all 40 of their CE credits online through athealth.com.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements.
To view the South Carolina continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .