CE requirements for licensed professional counselors (LPCC, LPCA) in Kentucky:
- Ten (10) hours of continuing education (CE) each year
- Three (3) hours of continuing education in domestic violence within three (3) years of initial licensure – program must be presented by an instructor who is licensed by the board.
- Six (6) hours of continuing education in suicide assessment, treatment, and management within the first year of licensure and every six (6) years thereafter - program must be presented by an instructor who is licensed by the board.
- Minimum of three (3) hours of continuing education on the law for regulating professional counseling, KRS Chapter 335.500 to 335.990 and 201 KAR Chapter 36, every three (3) years
- All continuing education hours shall be in or related to the field of professional counseling.
CE Approvals: The Kentucky Board of Licensed Professional Counselors accepts courses from NBCC approved sponsors. At Health, Inc. is approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #6719.
Kentucky LPCCs and LPCAs can earn ten (10) of their credits online through athealth.com, provided, however, that our courses on suicide assessment, treatment, and managment and domestic violence do not qualify as these two courses must be presented by an instructor who is licensed by the Kentucky Board. View our course catalog at http://athealth.com/course-catalog/
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Kentucky continuing education regulations, go to http://lpc.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on March 8, 2015