CE requirements for licensed professional counselors (LPCC, LPCA) in Kentucky:
- Ten (10) hours of continuing education (CE) each year, all of which can be earned online
- Three (3) hours of continuing education in domestic violence within three (3) years of initial licensure
- Six (6) hours of continuing education in suicide assessment, treatment, and management within the first year of licensure and every six (6) years thereafter
- Minimum of three (3) hours of continuing education on the law for regulating professional counseling, every three (3) years. Athealth.com courses on law do not meet this requirement as programs on the KY law for regulating professional counseling must be presented by an instructor who is licensed by the KY Board.
- All continuing education hours shall be in or related to the field of professional counseling.
CE Approvals: The Kentucky Board of Licensed Professional Counselors accepts courses from NBCC approved sponsors. At Health, Inc. is approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #6719.
Kentucky LPCCs and LPCAs can earn ten (10) of their credits online through athealth.com. View our course catalog at http://athealth.com/course-catalog/
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Kentucky continuing education regulations, go to http://lpc.ky.gov/Pages/default.aspx
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on November 16, 2017