CE requirements for social workers (LCSW, CSW, LSW) in Kentucky:
- 30 hours of continuing education every 3 years for LCSW, CSW (certified social worker)
- 15 hours of CE every 3 years for LSW
- Must take 3 hours of social work ethics – ethics courses must be pre-approved by the Board. Our ethics courses have not been pre-approved by the KY Board and therefore do not meet this requirement.
- Must take 6 hours of continuing education in suicide assessment, treatment, and management within the first year of licensure and every six (6) years thereafter.
- Must take 3 hours of CE on domestic violence and elder abuse during the three year cycle following initial licensure
- Must take 1.5 hours of CE on pediatric abusive head trauma once every six (6) years
- There is no limit to the number of CE hours that can be earned via home study, distance learning, or teleconference courses.
CE Approvals: The Kentucky Board of Social Work accepts courses from APA and NBCC approved sponsors. At Health (athealth.com) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. At Health, Inc. is approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #6719.
Kentucky social workers can earn all of their CE credits online. View our course catalog at http://athealth.com/course-catalog/
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Kentucky continuing education regulations, go to https://bsw.ky.gov/Pages/index.aspx
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on November 16, 2017