CE requirements for AL social workers (LICSW, LMSW, LBSW):
- 30 hours of continuing education (CE) every 2 years
- 20 of the required 30 hours can be taken via self-study/home-study
- Must include a minimum of 3 hours of ethics
- Social workers who have a PIP (private independent practice) license also need 20 hours in addition to the required 30 hours. All of the PIP hours can be by self-study
- Courses must be social work related
- Licensees must complete a one credit course in child abuse and neglect reporting. This is a one-time requirement.
- Beginning October 2018, all licensees will need three (3) hours in clinical social work
- Licensees who provide supervision need three (3) hours in supervision
The State Board of Alabama accepts programs offered by ASWB approved sponsors. Programs are available for continuing education credit through the co-sponsorship of At Health, LLC, and Amedco, LLC. Amedco, #1346, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB), through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Amedco maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 6/24/2016 to 6/24/2019.
Alabama social workers can earn 20 of their 30 credits online through athealth.com.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Alabama continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .