CE requirements for AL social workers (LICSW, LMSW, LBSW):
- 30 hours of continuing education (CE) every 2 years
- 20 of the required 30 hours can be taken via self-study/home-study
- Must include a minimum of 3 hours of ethics
- Social workers who have a PIP (private independent practice) license also need 20 hours in addition to the required 30 hours. All of the PIP hours can be by self-study
- Courses must be social work related
- Licensees must complete a one credit course in child abuse and neglect reporting. This is a one-time requirement.
- Beginning October 2018, all licensees will need three (3) hours in clinical social work
- Licensees who provide supervision need three (3) hours in supervision
At Health, LLC, Provider #1707, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credits. At Health, LLC, maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: 6/3/2020-6/3/2023.
Alabama social workers can earn 20 of their 30 credits online through athealth.com.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Alabama continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .