CE requirements for GA Addiction Counselors (CAC I, CAC II):
- 40 clock hours of CE every 2 years, including 5 hours of ethics
- Of these, 20 hours must be taken through entity with a GACA provider number and be face-to-face.
- Remaining 20 hours may be other counseling-related topics and can be taken online
Eight Counselor Skill Groups:
1) Treatment Admission (Screening, Intake and Orientation)
2) Clinical Assessment
3) Ongoing Treatment Planning
4) Counseling Services
6) Case Management
7) Discharge and Continuing Care
8) Legal, Ethical, and Professional Growth Issues
Addiction Counselors in GA can take twenty (20) of their credits online through athealth.com.
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Georgia continuing education regulations, click the button below.
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on .