CE requirements for GA Addiction Counselors (CAC I, CAC II):
- 40 clock hours of CE every 2 years, including 5 hours of ethics
- Of these, 20 hours must be taken through entity with a GACA provider number and be face-to-face.
- Remaining 20 hours may be other counseling-related topics and can be taken online
Eight Counselor Skill Groups:
1) Treatment Admission (Screening, Intake and Orientation)
2) Clinical Assessment
3) Ongoing Treatment Planning
4) Counseling Services
6) Case Management
7) Discharge and Continuing Care
8) Legal, Ethical, and Professional Growth Issues
CE Approvals: The Georgia Addiction Counselors Association accepts courses from providers approved by NAADAC. Athealth.com is approved as a continuing education provider by the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) Provider #148460.
Addiction Counselors in GA can take twenty (20) of their credits online through athealth.com. View the course catalog at http://athealth.com/course-catalog/
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the Georgia continuing education regulations, go to http://gaca.org/certification/re-credentialing-procedures-caci-cacii/
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on December 11, 2015