Friday's Progress Notes - February 20, 1998
Mental Health Information - Vol. 2 Issue 8
Provided by athealth.com - http://www.athealth.com
Join our leading online community of mental health professionals by subscribing
to Friday's Progress Notes! It's free!
1. Interview with Kenneth Minkoff, MD
2. Alcohol use in women
3. Helping patients with alcohol problems
4. Treatment of adolescent substance abuse
5. Alcohol and aggression
6. Marijuana facts for parents
7. Co–Occurring alcohol use disorder and schizophrenia
ONLINE CE! EARN CREDIT WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR OFFICE!
For a complete course catalog, click on http://www.athealthce.com
- Ethics: Money and the Therapeutic Relationship
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Psychotherapy
- Ethical Issues with Fees, Billing, and Collections
- Ethics: Spiritual Issues in Clinical Practice
- Ethics: Confidentiality
- Grief: Parent Loss in Childhood and Adolescence
- Crying in Psychotherapy
- Adult-Acquired Traumatic Brain Injury
- Anger Management
- Cultural Competence: Cultural Complexities
- Pain Management
- Borderline Personality Disorder
Please feel free to forward this information to professional colleagues, who can sign-up for a
free subscription to Friday's Progress Notes at
Click here to review archived newsletters (1997 to the present).
John L. Miller, MD
Dual Diagnosis: An Interview with Kenneth Minkoff, MD
Kenneth Minkoff, MD, shares his expertise regarding the challenges facing systems of care and clinicians in providing appropriate care to patients with co-occurring disorders.
Alcohol: A Women's Health Issue
Alcohol is yet another health issue for women. Drinking, even in small amounts, affects women differently than men. And heavy drinking, in some ways, is much more risky for women than it is for men.
3. NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON ALCOHOL ABUSE AND ALCOHOLISM
Physician's Guide to Helping Patients with Alcohol Problems
This guide provides screening and intervention tools.
Adolescent Substance Abuse: An Interview with Howard Liddle, EdD
The interview includes a brief clinical vignette that underscores treatment and intervention strategies.
5. NATIONAL INSTITUTE ON ALCOHOL ABUSE AND ALCOHOLISM
Alcohol, Violence, and Aggression
Not only may alcohol consumption promote aggressiveness, but victimization may lead to excessive alcohol consumption.
Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know
Marijuana is the most often used illegal drug in this country.
7. NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MENTAL HEALTH
Co–Occurring Alcohol Use Disorder and Schizophrenia
Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is the most common co–occurring disorder in people with schizophrenia.
Find a therapist!
LIST YOUR PRACTICE IN OUR THERAPIST DIRECTORY!
We have visitors who are looking for a therapist!
Register at http://www.athealth.com/Practitioner/services/pintro.html
CE CONFERENCE DIRECTORY
Find information about up-coming international, national, regional, and state meetings and workshops. Or, list your meeting!
The material in this newsletter is provided for educational and informational purposes only. The appearance of any product, service, or Web site link does not imply endorsement, approval, or warranty by At Health.
At Health, Inc., has no control over the accuracy, content, or availability of other Web sites.
Copyright © 1998 - At Health, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
This publication is registered in the Library of Congress, Washington DC - ISSN: 1520-3662
Page last modified or reviewed on October 13, 2010