Continuing education (CE) requirements for psychologists (PhD, PsyD) in Pennsylvania:
- 30 hours of continuing education (CE) every 2 years, including 3 hours of ethics
- Maximum of 15 of the required 30 hours may be taken via home study courses. The PA Board of Psychology has defined home study as any program where the learner and the instructor are separated by distance and/or time. For example, an online CE program or a live video webcast would both be considered home study.
- Renewal date: Nov 30 – odd numbered years
- The Board accepts courses provided by APA approved sponsors
- Athealth.com is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists
Supervisors of psychology residents are required to complete 3 hours of supervision every 2 years.
Pennsylvania psychologists can earn fifteen (15) of their CE credits online through athealth.com
Act 31: After January 1, 2015, all health-related licensees applying for the renewal of a license issued by the Board shall be required to complete at least 2 hours of Board approved continuing education in child abuse recognition and reporting requirements. The reporting for this mandatory training program differs from the reporting for ordinary continuing education. Currently, athealth.com does not have a course that meets this 2-credit requirement. For additional information, see http://www.dos.pa.gov/ProfessionalLicensing/BoardsCommissions/Pages/Act-31-Frequently-Asked-Questions.aspx#.VYdOK_lViko
State laws can change. Practitioners are responsible for determining their state’s licensure requirements. To view the PA continuing education regulations, go to http://www.dos.pa.gov/ProfessionalLicensing/BoardsCommissions/Psychology/Pages/default.aspx#.VYdPc_lViko
Page last modified or reviewed by athealth.com on June 21, 2015